Wednesday 14 November 2018

The Bronze Age Girl (short story)


By Medina Azzahra

Hi my name is Daisy.

I love nature.  



My favorite thing is to collect stones for my rock collection.  

Because I want my desk to be beautiful with rocks.    

So, I wanted to be rich, all I wanted is bronze.

My Mum told me:

’’ in the past, people made my favorite thing, bronze,  by melting tin and copper,  and mixing them”


So, this is the story about seeing bronze at the first time what I always wanted.

 

One morning, when I was finding rocks in my garden,  I didn’t know there was a rabbit hole, and I realize I was falling down and down.

Then when I woke up I realize that I was at a strange land, then I saw light in the distance.  So  I walked to  that light.   Then  I  saw a little girl.  She  had orangy, brown hair .

She had brown eyes.  She  had short hair all the way to her shoulder and she was sitting on a rock. She was dressed weirdly.

 I asked her: ‘’ what is your name and  how old are you?”.  She said’’ I’m  called Zoe. And I’m 5 years old. Are  you alone?”.

“Yes, I am I’m also lost.”

So,  she took me to her kind family.

She took me to her family.  And  what a family it was.  They  must heard my tummy rumbling,  so then they gave me some stew,  and I think  I must have fell asleep when I  woke  up I  found  myself near a fire.


Then , Zoe gave me some clothing that she made. She   showed me my room. It looked amazing.  So,  I change my clothes.  “Do I  look good?”.  She said’ ’Aaoudah”.  

“What does that mean?”

“ That means yes “.

I had light hair and blue eyes . then me and Zoe went to sleep.

 

When we were in bed, Zoe said’’ if people speak weirdly,   I will translate.”   Then , she hold a   brown ,shiny thing.  I said ‘’ what is that?”.  Zoe said: “its bronze.” I was surprised,  I said’’ I wanted this  in my whole life !”.

“I also will give you  a smooth drink”,.Zoe said’. I also want to  have that to.

 

In the  morning ,   Zoe and I  came to the  forest.  It  looks scary.  But  Zoe didn’t mind.   The  little ones are picking rocks to  fight the enemy . 

One day,  a huge group of enemy came to our land.   I told Zoe to run and I started throwing rocks.  I felt so small. Then,  I started falling down .After that , I did not see  Zoe anywhere.  So,  I never forget about Zoe.  I told my mum about this,  but she said it’s just a dream.

 Or,   maybe not.


                                                               By : Medina Azzahra, 7yo


No comments:

Post a Comment